Greetings from Cedar Rapids Iowa ! First time blogger, long time follower
It's a bit intimidating, trying to bring myself into the 21st century of social media, but here goes. My mission statement is to attempt to reunite our dear circle with an opportunity to reconnect & update each other on where our lives took us over the past 35 years. Is that even possible ?! Mentally, it sure doesn't seem that long ago, when we were setting our courses for life's big adventure. We each took a path that lead us in different directions. Some of us were lucky enough to reunite at a few of the class reunions, but there was always that missing piece of the puzzle, which made it seem incomplete for me. Well, the lost was found via a Facebook msg that started with Janet's sister Patty. It will be two years ago this Christmas that I messaged Janet to find her living in Switzerland, of all places. Incidentally, is that where Alex was from? jk. :) What a wonderful Christmas gift that was ! Mission accomplished, we've shared some emails that I hope continue for years to come. It's so wonderful that we have reconnected and I invite each of you to share this bliss.
Looking back, of course there are things we might have done differently. For instance, I would have been nicer to my Mom, taken more showers, drank less PBR (or not) and read more Tolstoy. But, in the words of Doris Day, "'Que sera, sera", or something like that.
All kidding aside, I hope the years have been good to each one of us. For me, the journey is still unfolding. Two years ago I married for the third time. My life is a baseball game, and this is my last time at bat. I've hit a few foul balls and made some errors, but have not been thrown out of the game, yet. Dennis is a wonderful man, my soul mate and my inspiration to start this blog. He challenged me with not only this blog, but web sites for posting family pictures, yearly personalized calendars which Delores (my Mom) loves, Facebook, photo shop, yada, yada, yada. We're still novices, learning as we go from mostly youtube videos. Neither of us twitter, although I set up a twitter account yrs ago so I could stream the Cardinals winning the 2006 World Series from work. I'm retired now so I guess I can post that.
Having said this, if anyone knows of an easier way to open this forum, I am all for it. I would love to have a place that is private for us to post messages and pictures. So, maybe you or a child/grandchild (no, not possible, we're not THAT old) who is savvy with all this social media has a better idea how to share our lives? I'm all for an easy, user-friendly means of accomplishing what I hope is a "second half", life-long friendship that started back at Bishop Heelan High School, 1977 Angels from Heaven.
Realistically, we were angels, not saints !
Wow, I see this was first posted on a very auspicious day, and it's taken me over a month to find it and post something.
ReplyDeleteWere we really angels??? I think the alzheimers is setting in, I don't remember that at all! In fact there are a lot of hazy memories, I can't imagine why.
Yes, I have been in the wilderness all these years, but thanks to Mary's sleuthing abilities, here I am, writing from a mountainside in Switzerland with my trusty mate Hans by my side, liederhosen at the ready and cuckoo clock cuckooing in the background. (I actually live by Lake Geneva but on a clear day, you can see the mountains.)
Before I write too much I'm going to post this and see if it works, then hopefully we'll all be back in touch again.